- Nothing changed yet.
- Add support for Python 3.9.
package init file missingwarning (#112).
- Make standard streams provide a
bufferattribute on Python 3 when using
--bufferor testing under subunit.
- Add support for Python 3.8.
- When a layer is run in a subprocess, read its stderr in a thread to avoid a deadlock if its stderr output (containing failing and erroring test IDs) overflows the capacity of a pipe (#105).
- Recover more gracefully when layer setUp or tearDown fails, producing useful subunit output.
- Prevent a spurious warning from the
--require-uniqueoption if the
--moduleoption was not used.
- Add optional buffering of standard output and standard error during tests,
requested via the
--bufferoption or enabled by default for subunit.
- Fix incorrect failure counts in per-layer summary output, broken in 4.0.1.
- Fix test failures and deprecation warnings occurring when using Python 3.8a1. (#89)
- Drop support for Python 3.4.
TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not 'str'running tests in parallel on Python 3. See issue 80.
- Drop support for Python 3.3.
- Add support for Python 3.7.
- Enable test coverage reporting on coveralls.io and in tox.ini.
- Host documentation at https://zopetestrunner.readthedocs.io
- Remove untested support for the
--pycheckeroption. See issue 63.
- Update the command line interface to use
optparse. See issue 61.
- Use ipdb instead of pdb for post-mortem debugging if available (#10).
- Add a –require-unique option to check for duplicate test IDs. See LP #682771.
- Reintroduce optional support for
subunit, now with support for both version 1 and version 2 of its protocol.
- Handle string in exception values when formatting chained exceptions. (#74)
DeprecationWarningearlier, when discovering test modules. This lets warnings that are raised on import (such as those produced by
zope.deprecation.moved) be reported. See issue 57.
- Automatically enable
DeprecationWarningwhen running tests. This is recommended by the Python core developers and matches the behaviour of the
unittestmodule. This can be overridden with Python command-line options (
-W) or environment variables (
PYTHONWARNINGS). See issue 54.
- Drop all support for
- Make the
subunitsupport purely optional: applications which have been getting the dependencies via
zope.testrunnershould either add
install_requiresor else depend directly on
- New option
--ignore-new-thread=<regexp>to suppress “New thread(s)” warnings.
- Support Python 3.6.
- Fixed: Using the
-joption to run tests in multiple processes caused tests that used the
multiprocessingpackage to hang (because the testrunner replaced
sys.stdinwith an unclosable object).
- Drop conditional dependency on
unittest2(redundant after dropping support for Python 2.6).
- Stop tests for all layers when test fails/errors when started with -x/–stop-on-error (#37).
- Drop support for Python 2.6 and 3.2.
- When looking for the right location of test code, start with longest location paths first. This fixes problems with nested code locations.
- Added support for Python 3.4.
- Drop support for Python 3.1.
- Fix post-mortem debugging when a non-printable exception happens (https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.testrunner/issues/8).
boostrap.pyto version 2.2.
- Fix nondeterministic test failures on Python 3.3
- Tear down layers after
post_mortemdebugging is finished.
- Fix tests that write to source directory, it might be read-only.
- Fix tests selection when the negative “!” pattern is used several times (LP #1160965)
- Moved tests into a ‘tests’ subpackage.
python -m zope.testrunnerwork again.
- Support ‘skip’ feature of unittest2 (which became the new unittest in Python 2.7).
- Better diagnostics when communication with subprocess fails (https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.testrunner/issues/5).
- Do not break subprocess execution when the test suite changes the working directory (https://github.com/zopefoundation/zope.testrunner/issues/6).
- Count test module import errors as errors (LP #1026576).
- Running layers in sub-processes did not use to work when run via
python setup.py ftestsince it tried to run setup.py with all the command line options. It now detects
setup.pyruns and we run the test runner directly.
SkipLayersclass in cases where the distribution specifies a
- Fixed a bug in the
ftestcommand and added a test.
- Fixed a trivial test failure with Python 3 of the previous release.
ftestdistutils command via an entry point.
- Added tests for
- Dropped use of 2to3, rewrote source code to be compatible with all Python versions. Introduced a dependency on six.
- Dropped use of zope.fixers (LP: #1118877).
- Fixed tox test error reporting; fixed tests on Pythons 2.6, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 and PyPy 1.9.
- Fix –shuffle ordering on Python 3.2 to be the same as it was on older Python versions.
- Fix –shuffle nondeterminism when multiple test layers are present. Note: this will likely change the order of tests for the same –shuffle-seed.
- New option: –profile-directory. Use it in the test suite so that tests executed by detox in parallel don’t conflict.
- Use a temporary coverage directory in the test suite so that tests executed by detox in parallel don’t conflict.
- Fix –post-mortem (aka -D, –pdb) when a test module cannot be imported or is invalid (LP #1119363).
- Replaced deprecated
zope.interface.implementsusage with equivalent
- Dropped support for Python 2.4 and 2.5.
- Made StartUpFailure compatible with unittest.TextTestRunner() (LP #1118344).
- Work around sporadic timing-related issues in the subprocess buffering tests. Thanks to Jonathan Ballet for the patch!
- Added back support for Python <= 2.6 which was broken in 4.0.2.
- Added back Python 3 support which was broken in 4.0.1.
- Fixed Unexpected success support by implementing the whole concept.
- Added support for the new __pycache__ directories in Python 3.2.
- LP #719369: An Unexpected success (concept introduced in Python 2.7) is no longer handled as success but as failure. This is a workaround. The whole unexpected success concept might be implemented later.
- Show more information about layers whose setup fails (LP #638153).
- Update fix for LP #221151 to a spelling compatible with Python 2.4.
- Timestamps are now always included in subunit output (r114849).
- LP #591309: fix a crash when subunit reports test failures containing UTF8-encoded data.
- Package as a zipfile to work around Python 2.4 distutils bug (no
feature changes or bugfixes in
- LP #221151: keep
unittest.TestCase.shortDescriptionhappy by supplying a
- LP #595052: keep the distribution installable under Python 2.4: its
distutils appears to munge the empty
__init__.pyfile in the
foo.baregg used for testing into a directory.
- LP #580083: fix the
bin/testscript to run only tests from
- LP #579019: When layers were run in parallel, their tearDown was not called. Additionally, the first layer which was run in the main thread did not have its tearDown called either.
- Having ‘sampletests’ in the MANIFEST.in gave warnings, but doesn’t actually seem to include any more files, so I removed it.
- Moved zope.testing.exceptions to zope.testrunner.exceptions. Now zope.testrunner no longer requires zope.testing except for when running its own tests.
- Initial release of the testrunner from zope.testrunner as its own module. (Previously it was part of zope.testing.)